Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup is one of the best soups to make in the slow cooker!
Baked Potato Soup is my all time favorite, I order it at every restaurant when it is available. You can’t beat how creamy this soup is, and how great the toppings blend in. You will see in this recipe I am not actually baking the potatoes, just peeling and dicing raw potatoes. I’ve made baked potato soup before with leftover baked potatoes and it can tend to be gluey.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup, has a bit of prep work, but it is really worth the time. You can peel and dice your potatoes the night before, just place them in water, and refrigerate. Drain off the water before starting the recipe.
You can top your soup with any toppings you please. My family’s favorite toppings are the standard loaded baked potato toppings, cheese, sour cream, green onions and crumbled bacon.
Below is my YouTube video of how to make this Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup Recipe. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
- 4 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1 white onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 7 Cups Chicken broth
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 16 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese (2 blocks total)
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onion
- Cooked Bacon crumbled
Slow Cooker Size;
- 6 Quart or larger
- Peel, and dice your potatoes in a small dice. Add potatoes, garlic, onion, black pepper and chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- You are now going to blend about 2/3's of the soup with the cream cheese in your blender, you may need to do this in batches.
- Season the soup with salt to taste.
- Serve with desired toppings.