This soup will make anyone a cauliflower fan! Cream and cheddar cheese finish off this soup and make for a bowl of comfort.
This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I was a contributor.
Cut the carbs with this delicious Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup. So good topped with bacon and chives! I am starting my year off low in carbs and sugars. Naturally I am cooking most of my meals in the slow cooker still. This soup tastes like a cross between broccoli cheese soup and potato soup.
How to make Cauliflower Cheese Soup:
- Cut up a head of cauliflower into big chunks, and slice a leek. Add those to the slow cooker along with garlic, pepper and a box of chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and let this cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the cook time is done add everything from the slow cooker to a blender. Pulse until smooth. Add this blended mixture back to the slow cooker and then stir in heavy cream and cheddar cheese.
- Top each serving with chives, crumbled bacon and cheese if desired
Try this recipe, even if you’re not cutting carbs, you will see how good low carb food can be!
My husband loved this meal. I thought he would be mad thinking it was potato cheese soup. I will definitely be putting this meal on the menu often!
Love Cauliflower? Try one of these other amazing and cheesy recipes:
- Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 32 oz. box chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower cut into chunks green part discarded
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Add this at the end
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- chopped chives
- additional shredded cheese
- In a 6-quart slow cooker at the chicken broth, cauliflower, leeks, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Add everything from the slow cooker in to a blender, cover and pulse until smooth. Add this back to the slow cooker. Add the shredded cheese and cream, stir. Now add salt to taste. I add about a ¼ tsp.
- Serve topped with bacon, cheese and chives.