This soup will make anyone a cauliflower fan! Cream and cheddar cheese finish off this soup and make for a bowl of comfort.
This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I was a contributor.
Cut the carbs with this delicious Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup. So good topped with bacon and chives! I am starting my year off low in carbs and sugars. Naturally I am cooking most of my meals in the slow cooker still. This soup tastes like a cross between broccoli cheese soup and potato soup.
How to make Cauliflower Cheese Soup:
- Cut up a head of cauliflower into big chunks, and slice a leek. Add those to the slow cooker along with garlic, pepper and a box of chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and let this cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the cook time is done add everything from the slow cooker to a blender. Pulse until smooth. Add this blended mixture back to the slow cooker and then stir in heavy cream and cheddar cheese.
- Top each serving with chives, crumbled bacon and cheese if desired
Love Cauliflower? Try one of these other amazing and cheesy recipes:
- Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin
Try this recipe, even if you’re not cutting carbs, you will see how good low carb food can be!
My husband loved this meal. I thought he would be mad thinking it was potato cheese soup. I will definitely be putting this meal on the menu often!
More great soups here on The Magical Slow Cooker:
- Slow Cooker Ham and Green Bean Chowder
- Slow Cooker Potato Bacon Soup
- Slow Cooker Hashbrown Potato Leek Soup
- Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Marie Callender’s Potato Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 32 oz. box chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower cut into chunks green part discarded
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Add this at the end
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- chopped chives
- additional shredded cheese
- In a 6-quart slow cooker at the chicken broth, cauliflower, leeks, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Add everything from the slow cooker in to a blender, cover and pulse until smooth. Add this back to the slow cooker. Add the shredded cheese and cream, stir. Now add salt to taste. I add about a ¼ tsp.
- Serve topped with bacon, cheese and chives.