This recipe is sponsored by Hurst’s® HamBeens® though all opinions are mine alone.
Slow Cooker Pinto Bean and Bacon Soup is like navy bean and bacon soup but with Pinto Beans instead. It will be your new favorite bean soup!
Hello! I have another great bean recipe for you today made with Hurst’s HamBeens Pinto Beans with Ham flavor. If you are a fan of Navy Bean and Bacon Soup then you will LOVE this. Pinto beans are by far my favorite bean and I usually only make refried beans with them. Now I have a new go to recipe for my love of pinto beans. Hurst’s pinto beans are great quality, I had a different brand of pinto beans I found in my pantry and those beans were tiny compared to the Hurst’s Brand. You can see where to find these Hurst’s Hambeens Pinto Beans here.
I do not presoak my beans in this recipe. It’s really not necessary! I keep the lid on the slow cooker the entire cooking time and the beans turn out very tender. I use a full 12 cups of chicken broth in this recipe, the beans really soak up the broth and I wanted enough liquid to make a soup. Though this recipe is very similar to Navy Bean and Bacon soup, I could not resist in adding a jalapeño. If you don’t like spicy, it’s fine to leave the jalapeño out.
This is what the beans look like after the cooking time is up. I wait to add the ham flavoring until right before serving.
Isn’t this a great looking soup? I hope you give it a try. If you want to see more bean recipes like this, you can find them here at Hurst’s Hambeens website. Have a great weekend!
Slow Cooker Pinto Bean and Bacon Soup
- 20 oz. pkg. Hurst’sⓇ HamBeensⓇ Pinto Beans with Ham Flavor (save flavor packet and add at the end of cook time)
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs diced
- 1 jalapeno minced (optional, add if you want it spicy)
- 8 slices bacon cooked and sliced
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 12 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste (add at the end)
- Rinse and sort the beans, discard any debris. Add to the slow cooker, no need to presoak.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, jalapeno, bacon, thyme and chicken broth. Wait to add the ham flavor packet. Stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is up, sprinkle over the included ham flavor packet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Serve and enjoy!!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
This recipe is sponsored by Hurst’s Hambeens though all opinions are mine alone.