Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings
My book “The Magical Slow Cooker” is available for Pre-order, you can order from Amazon.
I decided to try Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings because I hate deep-frying food, it’s so messy and it usually doesn’t turn out as planned. These buffalo wings turned out so good. I absolutely love buffalo wings, they’re one of my favorite foods!
These wings are super saucy, nothing is worse than when you order wings and they are all dried up with no sauce! I added butter to the sauce because this is what restaurants do, the butter mellows out the hot sauce a tad.
Serve the wings with really good blue cheese. Don’t buy the blue cheese from the regular salad dressing aisle, get it next to the salad mixes in the refrigerator section, this blue cheese is really good.
- 2-3 pounds chicken wings, thawed not frozen
- 12 ounces Franks Red Hot Original Sauce
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- Good Blue Cheese Dressing, I used Litehouse "Big Blue"
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Add the chicken, sauce, and butter (slice it up and lay on top of wings) to the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 2-2.5 hours. DO NOT open the lid while the wings are in the slow cooker, heat will escape and they will not cook.
- After cooking time is done, take the wings out of the slow cooker, leaving the sauce in the slow cooker, and put the wings on a baking sheet.
- Broil the wings in the oven for a few minutes on each side until browned and crisp.
- Add the wings back to the slow cooker, and stir them back into the sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese, carrots, and celery.
You may also like Slow Cooker 7-Layer Bean Dip