Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Drumsticks are a spicy dinner that I can’t get enough of!
Buffalo wings are one of my top 10 favorite foods and probably always will be. This recipe uses skinless drumsticks mostly because I don’t have to worry about browning the skin and it keeps the sauce from getting greasy. I add a touch of cayenne for more heat and also minced garlic.
Taking the skin off the drumsticks takes a bit of work, but once you get the rhythm down it’s no problem. I start by pulling the skin down, then when it gets too tough to pull, I grab the skin with a paper towel. Some were too tough even with that trick and I had to cut the skin off with a knife.
I served these Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Drumsticks with mashed potatoes and corn. A drizzle of ranch dressing would be great over the chicken too.
Below is my YouTube Video about how to make these Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Drumsticks. Follow me on YouTube, here.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I think it’s a great summer time recipe when you don’t feel like grilling. Have a great week.
- 4 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 oz. Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- Remove the skin from the drumsticks. I do this by pulling the skin as far down as I can, then when I can pull any further I grab onto the skin with a paper towel and the skin usually comes right off. I did have to cut the skin off of a few.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the garlic, cayenne, pepper, and ranch dressing mix. Pour over the Frank's Red Hot and the melted butter. Stir.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and cook on HIGH for 4 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Baked Beans Hawaiian