This nacho bar is easy to do, and people really get excited about making their own nachos.
This recipe is a great idea for any party. My sister-in-law did a nacho bar for my niece’s graduation party, and they had about 100 guests! The Teenagers loved the nacho bar (well, and me too).
If you are doing a giant party, it may be easier to do canned nacho cheese, warehouse stores sell giant cans of cheese! But this recipe is made with velveeta cheese, sour cream, taco sauce and milk.
For this recipe, for toppings, I did jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, black beans, green onions, tomatoes, and guacamole (recipe below). You can serve any toppings you choose, this is what I decided to serve.
I got the white paper trays at a restaurant supply store, but I have seen them at Costco too.
More Mexican style party dishes:
- Slow Cooker 7-Layer Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
- Slow Cooker Salsa Beef Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Taco Dip
Super Bowl Nacho Bar
Nacho Cheese Ingredients:
- 2 lb. box original Velveeta cheese (or buy a large can of nacho cheese)
- 1 cup mild La Victoria taco sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- milk for thinning
- 2 lbs. ground beef cooked and seasoned
- 16 oz. jar salsa
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 16 oz. jar jalapeno slices
- 2 bunches of green onions sliced
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 3 small cans of sliced black olives
- 30 oz. black beans drained (two 15-oz. cans)
- 2 large bags of tortilla chips
- 5 avocados 1
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime
- salt to tase
- Cube the velveeta, put in slow cooker with 1 cup of sour cream, and 1 cup of taco sauce. Cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stir often. Add milk to thin. You don’t want the cheese to be gloppy. I kept the cheese on high during the party, so the cheese would stay thinned out, stir often, and keep adding milk if the cheese thickens.
- Guacamole directions:
- Take 4 to 5 avocados, and mash with a fork and add 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and a dash of salt, mix lightly.
- Assemble Nacho Bar:
- Put the cooked and seasoned ground beef in a small slow cooker on low, or a pan with a lid works fine. Put all your toppings in little dishes (I got mine at the dollar store, they came with lids). Put the chips in a big bowl. I got the white paper nacho trays from a restaurant supply store (Cash and Carry), but you can get them at Costco too. Invite all your friends over for the big game, I think they will be impressed!
- Recipe can be doubled if you’re expecting more people