Slow Cooker Potatoes Cabbage and Kielbasa is a one-pot meal full of great flavor!
I’ve been seeing so many recipes with cabbage in them with them because of the low carb craze that is going on. I added potatoes since I am not low carb so if you want to carbo load this recipe is for you!
This recipe turned out far better than I expected. The flavors completely meld together for a perfectly flavored meal. To make this recipe somewhat healthy I found a no nitrate kielbasa. I will be making this recipe again! I think it would be a great recipe for a potluck.
How to make this:
You will need these ingredients:
- Kielbasa sausage
- Russet potatoes
- White onion
- Salt and pepper
- Dried thyme
- Chicken broth
That’s all you need for this simple meal. I love that it’s mostly fresh ingredients.
How long to cook:
This recipe needs enough time to let the potatoes soften. I cook this recipe for 6 hours on low.
This to me is a complete meal. You have your veggies, potatoes and meat in one pot! Just scoop into serving bowls when you arrive home.
I don’t cook much with cabbage but that is about to change. This meal was heavenly and wouldn’t be the same without the cabbage.
We loved this meal! Such a change from a shredded meat slow cooker recipe. The entire meal is flavored from the kielbasa and the potatoes and cabbage are very tender. I think you’ll love it! Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Potatoes, Cabbage and Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 12 oz. kielbasa, any kind works!
- 5 small russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 head of cabbage, about 6 cups measured
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Slice and brown the kielbasa in skillet on the stove top. Add to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Stir and serve! Enjoy.