Slow Cooker Pot Roast Dinner
I can’t have a slow cooker blog without a Slow Cooker Pot Roast Dinner recipe? Right?
A whole meal is ready when you get home! The gravy thickens while the roasts and veggies cook, if desired strain the gravy to make it smooth.
This Slow Cooker Pot Roast dinner will please your family and guests, if you happen to own a bread maker (I just got one for Valentine’s) Start a loaf of Basic White Bread to go with this dinner, your family will thank you!
- 3-4 pound beef Roast (I used a top round roast)
- 10¾ ounce can cream of mushroom soup (don't add water)
- 10¾ ounce can french onion soup (don't add water)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1.5 to 2 pounds red potatoes kept whole
- 5 carrots peeled, and cut into 3 sections
- 1 large white onion, cut into 8 pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the roast into the slow cooker.
- Whisk together soups, and cornstarch in a medium bowl, and pour over roast.
- Add potatoes kept whole, carrots, and onions.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and set to LOW for 8 to 9 hours. Do not open during cooking time.
- When Cooking time is done, put the veggies and roast on a large oven proof platter, this is the time you slice the potatoes. Cover in foil, and place into a warm oven. If desired pour the gravy through a metal strainer to make it smooth, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Linked up at these wonderful parties: Jam Hands- (Recipe Sharing Monday), Nibbles by Nic- (Munching Mondays), Yesterfood (Treasure Box Tuesday), The Gunny Sack (Time to Sparkle), Mandy’s Recipe Box (Totally Tasty Tuesdays), Lady Behind the Curtain- (Wednesday Cast Party), Mom’s Test Kitchen- (Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays), Miz Helen’s Country Cottage: (Full Plate Thursday), Kitchen Dreaming- (Friday Link Party), Crock Pot Ladies- (Slow Cooker Saturdays), The Pin Junkie- (Friday Link Party) Six Sister Stuff (Strut yourself Saturday) Anyonita Nibbles- (Get him fed)