If you have never made a crock pot roast with coke, then you are in for a real treat with my Slow Cooker Coca Cola Pot Roast recipe. A nice sized chuck roast is cooked with carrots, onions, potatoes, and a few other ingredients for a savory one-pot meal the whole family is sure to enjoy!
Why you should try this crock pot roast with coke recipe
Traditional pot roast recipes typically call for a chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, and beef broth at the least. While these can be flavorful as is, adding a few extra ingredients can give it an even better taste. The few extra ingredients added to this pot roast recipe are a cola soda and onion soup mix. This takes the place of having to add all of your own seasonings and tastes delicious!
Although this is one of the longer-cooking slow cooker recipes, the prep work is minimal and you’ll have plenty of time to get things done while this cooks. And no need to cook anything extra… everything is in the pot and ready to eat once it’s all done cooking. A win-win! If you are looking for a holiday roast, try my Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast.
- Chuck Roast: I recommend getting a beef roast that is at least 3-4 pounds. This will ensure you have plenty of meat for serving. We also use a chuck roast in my Slow Cooker Apple Cider Pot Roast.
- Veggies: Make it easy by using a bag of baby carrots that way all you need to do is slice the onion and red potatoes.
- Dry Onion Soup Mix: This seasoning mix is a combination of dry onion flakes, beef boullion granules or paste, onion powder, parsley, celery seed, paprika, and black pepper. Using a pack of the soup mix is a lot easier than combining all of these ingredients together yourself.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup: Not only does this soup help add a thick gravy like consistency to the slow cooking roast recipe, but it also adds additional flavors.
- Worcestershire: This sauce has always been naturally paired with meat, especially beef and pork.
- Coca Cola: This liquid makes for a natural tenderizer and caramelized flavor. Get ready for nice and tender veggies and meat.
Step One – Add the chuck roast to the slow cooker. Add the carrots, potatoes, and onion.
Step Two – Add in the carrots, potatoes, and onion.
Step Three – Sprinkle over the onion soup mix.
Step Four – Add the cream of mushroom soup, you can smear it over the top of the roast and vegetables. Don’t worry about it being perfect, it will all cook down together. Then, pour over the Worcestershire sauce and cola. Cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
Step Five – You can remove the beef onto a plate or keep in the crockpot and shred it with two forks. Discard any fat and degrease the gravy with paper towels.
Step Six – Add the roast back to the slow cooker. Serve and enjoy!
How to serve crock pot roast with coke
- The classic way to serve this pot roast is by putting a nice helping of roast on a plate and surrounding it with a few carrots and potatoes.
- You can also turn the red potatoes into mashed potatoes.
- Some people like to turn the juices into a great gravy that can be poured over the meat and veggies.
- This type of roast can also be used to make sandwiches, in which then you could serve veggies and potatoes on the side.
- Another idea is to add an additional side like mac and cheese, green beans, and/or corn.
- Don’t forget to serve it with bread! Buttered rolls, cornbread, and French bread all pair perfectly with this meal.
Other recipe FAQs
Sure! I like the coca-cola brand; however, you can use any brand you prefer, such as Pepsi. If you deviate from the cola flavor, it may change the overall taste a bit, you can also use root beer.
You can keep the vegetables in large chunks (think bigger potatoes and carrots) and you can add even more vegetables like celery or green beans.
Add any remaining pot roast into an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat over medium-low heat on the stovetop.
Diet Coke can be used if you have a dietary need for it, though it will change the flavor.
More Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipes
Slow Cooker Coca Cola Pot Roast
- 3 lbs. chuck roast (can use 3-4 lbs)
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 1 lbs. red potatoes quartered, or halved baby red potatoes
- 1 white onion diced large
- 1 oz. lipton onion soup mix
- 10.5 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz. can coca cola
- Add the chuck roast to the slow cooker. Add the carrots, potatoes, and onion.
- Sprinkle over the onion soup mix. Add the cream of mushroom soup, you can smear it over the top of the roast and vegetables. Don't worry about it being perfect, it will all cook down together.
- Pour over the Worcestershire sauce and cola.
- Cook on LOW for 9 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- You can remove the beef onto a plate. Shred with two forks and discard any fat.
- Degrease the gravy with paper towels. Add the roast back to the slow cooker.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
- Diet cola can be used if you have a dietary need for it, it will change the flavor.
- Add any remaining pot roast into an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat over medium low heat on the stovetop.
- Pepsi or root beer can be used in place of coca-cola.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.