Large beef brisket is slowly cooked with beef stock, bbq sauce, two types of onions, and barbecue seasoning for the most delicious Slow Cooker Beef Brisket. The seasoning serves as an amazing rub while the homemade bbq sauce gives this slab of beef the perfect slow cooking marinade. This versatile meat is something the whole family is sure to enjoy!
Why you should try this Slow Cooker Brisket recipe
Cooking the perfect brisket can often be intimidating, but not with a no-nonsense recipe like this. Whipping up a great brisket involves having a great tasting seasoning along with the right temperature for cooking. This is what makes using your slow cooker the best option when you’re looking to make the best fall-apart tender brisket.
Not to mention, to slow cook this brisket you only need minimal ingredients, making prep time a breeze and the cooking time is moderate for helping create a perfectly tender brisket.
- Beef Brisket: When choosing your brisket, go for one that is at least 3-4 pounds and with a good amount of fat (this helps with flavor during the cooking process). Another rule of thumb is when you’re not sure of what to buy, you can’t go wrong with a flat cut. Do not buy a corned beef brisket, you want to find an uncured brisked.
- Beef Stock: Beef broth or beef stock is added for an enhanced beef flavor and to give the brisket extra juice for slow cooking in the crock pot.
- Barbecue Sauce: The flavors already combined in the bbq sauce give the brisket an extra boost in flavor.
- BBQ Seasoning: You can purchase this already mixed but if you’d like to make your own, all you need is brown sugar, regular paprika, smoked paprika, dry mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Always used in recipes like that as a flavor enhancer and balancer.
- Onion: You’ll quarter up a large yellow onion and a large red onion.
- Garlic: Nothing is better than using freshly minced garlic.
Step One – Pour the bbq sauce into a small mixing bowl. Prepare the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in small cups as well. whisk together the bbq sauce, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
Step Two – Combine and whisk together the wet ingredients (and minced garlic) until well combined.
Step Three – Add the onions to the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker.
Step Four – Place the raw brisket on top of the onions and sprinkle or rub on the bbq seasoning.
Step Five – Then pour over the bbq sauce mixture.
Step Six – Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 6 hours. When done, remove and place brisket on a serving platter, slice or shred, and enjoy!
How to serve
- Serve a generous helping of brisket with the sauce and top with the cooked onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- The brisket slices are also perfect for making hoagie bun style sandwiches.
- This brisket also pairs with several side dishes such as mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, potatoes, or a fresh salad.
- If you are planning on shredding it, serve a helping on hamburger rolls.
Store leftover brisket in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Absolutely. It has similar ingredients as the bbq rub. You can add a little kick by adding onion powder, garlic powder, onion soup mix, or even chili powder.
I recommend cooking nice and slow using the LOW setting and cooking for at least 10 hours. It doesn’t matter if you place the fat side down.
If you’re thinking about cooking a one-pot roast style meal, then sure. You can add carrots and potatoes, but I would wait until halfway through cooking time.
Yes. You can use a chuck beef roast for a cheaper meal. It’s seriously the perfect recipe and family loved!
Slow Cooker Brisket
- ½ cup BBQ rub seasoning
- 3-4 lbs. brisket
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large yellow onion quartered
- 1 large red onion quartered
- Pat dry the brisket and rub the BBQ seasoning all over the brisket.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the bbq sauce, beef stock, worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Add the onions to the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker, place the brisket on top of the onions and pour over the BBQ sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 6 hours.
- When done, remove the brisket from the slow cooker and slice or shred.
- Serve with the sauce and top with the cooked onions, enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and carrots or shred it and serve on hamburger rolls.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or green onions.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.