Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef Pot Roast is tender and full of flavor!
Hello! I have a delicious beef roast recipe for you today. I made a version of this a few months ago but something wasn’t right, an idea came to me last week to try mixing balsamic with Italian dressing. What difference that made in this recipe and gave it a bit more moisture as well.
This Balsamic Beef Pot Roast was a delicious dinner and I love the long cooking time, it will be my go to on busy day. My husband made a beef sandwich for his leftovers the next day, he loved it. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did. Have a great weekend.
More Sunday Roast Beef Dinners you must make:
- Slow Cooker Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Red Wine Brisket
- Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Beer, Onion and Ketchup Pot Roast
Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup Italian dressing (I use Newmans’ Own)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper. Preheat a large pan on the stove-top over medium high heat. When the pan is hot add the oil. Brown the roast on both sides and then add to the slow cooker.
- Add the oregano, basil, garlic, Italian dressing, onion and balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9-10 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Shred and enjoy with your favorite sides.