Turn ordinary chicken breasts into tasty balsamic chicken with just a few ingredients. This delicious recipe captures the balsamic flavor thanks to Italian seasoning, minced garlic, and balsamic vinegar. Your whole family is sure to think this recipe is absolutely delicious!
Why you should try this balsamic chicken crock pot recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and easy one-pot meal, this crock pot chicken recipe should be on the top of your list. You only need a handful of ingredients, which means a low grocery bill but you’ll have a meal that tastes like something that came from the local restaurant.
This crock pot balsamic chicken recipe has a quick prep time and a quick cooking time, meaning you can have dinner on the table within 4 hours from start to finish. Put this on your meal plan for those busy weeknights.
- Chicken: This recipe calls for a little over 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Tomatoes: You’ll need 1 can of diced tomatoes and it won’t need to be drained.
- White Onion: This will be sliced and slowly cooked with all of the other ingredients.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Just a ½ cup of balsamic vinegar will make the best-tasting balsamic sauce.
- Chicken Stock: A ½ cup chicken stock or chicken broth is combined with vinegar to create a balsamic mixture and delicious sauce.
Step by Step Directions
Step One – Place chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
Step Two – Season chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Step Three – Add the minced garlic, sliced onion slices, diced tomatoes (undrained), pour balsamic vinegar, and chicken stock to the slow cooker.
Step Four – Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Enjoy!
How to Serve
- This delicious balsamic chicken can be served whole or easily turned into shredded chicken.
- It can be served over pasta, white or brown rice, egg noodles, or with lettuce to make a lettuce wrap.
- As for sides, this meal pairs perfectly with roasted baby carrots, roasted broccoli, steamed broccoli, green beans, a mashed sweet potato, butter mashed potatoes, or roasted potatoes.
- Garnish this meal with fresh parsley, fresh rosemary, or basil if desired. A sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a dash of red pepper flakes taste amazing as well.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs can be substituted for chicken breast. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may need to be adjusted. You’ll want to cook it until you have tender chicken.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Yes, you can freeze any leftover of the Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating in the microwave or on the stovetop.
I recommend defrosting the chicken for slow cooker recipes to ensure it is cooked thoroughly.
This is a chicken dinner that has all it needs; however, you can always add garlic salt, a splash of olive oil, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, and other veggies. You can also make an herb mixture and extra sauce to put on top for serving.
Not all balsamic vinegar tastes the same. It truly depends on the brand and your preference of taste. Use what you have on hand. If all you have is balsamic glaze, that works well in this recipe too.
You can pressure cook the boneless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs, but you will need to use a slow cooker or your oven for this meal.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
- 2 ½ lbs. chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 small white onion sliced
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup chicken stock or broth
- Place the chicken breast into the slow cooker and season with the italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the minced garlic, sliced onion, diced tomatoes (undrained), balsamic vinegar, and chicken stock to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. (The chicken can be served whole or shredded if desired)
- Serve the slow cooker balsamic chicken over pasta or rice, garnish with fresh parsley or basil if desired. Enjoy!
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs can be substituted for chicken breast. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
- Serve Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken over pasta or rice. You can also serve it with roasted vegetables or a side salad for a complete meal.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container.
- You can freeze the leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.