Try something different with chicken tonight. This Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken is spicy and flavorful.
Hello! How are you all? We went on vacation to California for 10 days. We went to San Francisco and to a Jelly Stone Park for a family reunion. It was one of the best vacations yet. We went to Alcatraz island for a tour, that was interesting after watching the movie Escape from Alcatraz the week before. We fit in so much during those 10 days that I haven’t left my house much for almost a week! I made this delicious chicken recipe when we got back home. Whenever I go on vacation, I enjoy all the dining out, then I can’t wait to get home and eat a homemade meal.
This chicken and sauce has heat and tanginess. It’s great over rice, with a side of black beans. I tried a pressure cooker for the first time with black beans, I think the beans took 50 minutes, and they were perfectly tender!
Below is my YouTube video about how to make this Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 5 green onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 habanero pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground all-spice
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, well trimmed of fat
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Add the everything to the slow cooker expect the chicken, stir until everything in the sauce is combined. Add the chicken, I liked to swish the chicken in the sauce so each piece is completely covered.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Garlic and Beer French Dips