Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken is such a wonderful dinner that you will want to make again week after week.
This slow cooker lemon chicken recipe is seriously the best slow cooker chicken dish you will ever make. I struggle to find healthy recipes that I actually crave. This chicken is so tangy and tender. I have made it 3 times in the last 2 weeks!
To make this recipe for slow cooker lemon chicken, you put flour, and an zesty Italian seasoning(or garlic and herb) packet in a ziplock bag, add your chicken, and shake. Then cook your chicken in a small amount of oil. Add lemon juice and chicken broth to the slow cooker, if you want to cook broccoli with the chicken, make a foil packet, with the cut up broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper, and place on top of the chicken and sauce. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, without peeking!
It is easy to clean up, since you shake the chicken with the seasonings in a ziplock bag. Serve this slow cooker lemon chicken over rice, the chicken is very tangy, and goes perfect with rice!
SLOW COOKER LEMON CHICKEN
- Slow Cooker – 3 quart or larger
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breasts- The chicken I bought was thinly sliced. It works really well in this recipe. If you can’t find it get chicken tenderloins.
- .60 oz. package dry zesty italian salad dressing mix
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 large lemons juiced -pick seeds out (should yield ½ cup of juice)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 broccoli crowns cut up
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Put dressing packet and flour in the ziplock bag. Add the chicken to the bag, and shake to coat the chicken.
- Brown chicken in a skillet with cooking oil, do this in batches if you need to. Just brown the chicken, don’t worry about cooking it all the way.
- Put the lemon juice and chicken broth in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add browned chicken.
- If you want to cook the broccoli with the chicken, lay a big piece of foil on the counter, and place cut up broccoli crowns on it, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Fold up the foil to make a packet, and place on top of the chicken.
- Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, without peeking.
- Make sure to drizzle lemon sauce from bottom of slow cooker onto the chicken when serving.
- Serve over rice.