This Slow Cooker Marry Me Chicken combines the flavors of chicken, sundried tomatoes, chicken broth, and several staple seasonings for an absolutely delicious meal. With minimal prep and a cooking time of as little as 3 hours, this meal is ideal for those busy weeknights.
Need another quick and easy chicken dinner to feed your busy family? This one-pot Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Veggies is sure to be just the meal you need.
Why do they call it Marry Me Chicken?
This chicken recipe gets its name from the simple fact that all ingredients “marry one another” as they slowly cook together. The unique flavors of sun dried tomatoes paired with the seasonings, broth, and butter all around the chicken will keep everyone wanting more.
I always thought the name Marry Me Chicken meant you make the dish for someone you want to marry!
The chicken becomes tender and infused with a delicious flavor, making it a versatile dish that can be paired with several things (see serving suggestions below).
- Chicken: Boneless skinless chicken breasts are the perfect chicken cut for this recipe.
- Wet Ingredients: Heavy cream, butter, and chicken broth are used to create the creamy base, while olive oil is used to brown the chicken before putting it into the crockpot.
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, dried onion, Italian seasoning, paprika, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic marry together to create a flavor that gives this chicken recipe its staple taste.
- Flour: Flour is mixed with the chicken broth to make the creamy base thick.
Step One – Measure out the chicken broth in a measuring cup.
Step Two – Add the flour and whisk together until well combined.
Step Three – Lightly season the chicken and place it in a skillet heated with olive oil—Brown one side for just a couple of minutes.
Step Four – Flip the chicken breasts and brown the other side.
Step Five – Add the chicken stock and flour mixture, heavy cream, minced garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika, minced onion, and mix.
Step Six – Submerge the browned chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
Step Seven – Add the quartered butter and sun dried tomatoes.
Step Eight – Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours. Serve warm.
What goes good with chicken?
- On a bed of pasta: From a regular spaghetti noodle to rotini pasta, you can choose just about any pasta type to pair with this chicken recipe.
- Optional toppings: Fresh basil, chopped parsley, and freshly grated parmesan cheese are topping flavors that pair well with this chicken dish.
- Make it an entire course meal: Use this chicken recipe to create a complete meal by pairing it will cauliflower rice, green beans, roasted carrots, or even a small side salad.
Recipe FAQs and Variations
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days—reheat servings in the microwave.
Freeze any leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for a bit of heat in your sun dried tomato cream sauce.
Yes, you can, and follow the recipe accordingly.
Instead of using heavy cream, use half-in-half instead, though you will have a thinner sauce.
Slow Cooker Marry Me Chicken
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried minced Onion (or ¼ teaspoon onion powder)
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes drained
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter
- fresh basil for garnish
- grated or shredded parmesan for garnish
- In a frying pan or cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Brown the chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes on both sides. (The goal here is to brown the outside of the chicken breast, not to cook it through) Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock and flour. In the slow cooker pot, add the chicken stock and flour mixture, heavy cream, minced garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika, minced onion and mix.
- Place the browned chicken breasts into the slow cooker pot and top with the sun dried tomatoes and butter. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes and garnish with the fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat servings in the microwave.
- Freeze any leftovers in a freeze safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.