This Slow Cooker Red Wine Beef Brisket is dreamy over mashed potatoes, perfect for Sunday dinner!
Hi all! I know it’s been SO long since I posted a beef recipe! I get in the habit of cooking the same meat over and over! This Slow Cooker Red Wine Beef Brisket is a treat. Is there really anything better than a beef roast from the crock pot?
How to make brisket in the slow cooker:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I have two amazing recipes lined up for next week! Please check back, or sign up for my emails to get notifications of the new recipes added to the site.
Slow Cooker Red Wine Beef Brisket
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 3 lbs. beef brisket
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup red wine I use 14-hands red blend
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into ch
- Start by adding the beef broth, tomato sauce, wine, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and garlic to the slow cooker. Stir until combined.
- On the stove-top, place a skillet over medium-high heat, when the pan is hot, add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Brown the Brisket on both sides.
- Add the brisket into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle over the onions, and carrots.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours. Add one more hour if you want the meat to shred, not slice.
- When the cooking time is done. Remove the brisket on to a cutting board, slice or shred. Before adding the meat back to the slow cooker, degrease the sauce. I do this by laying paper towels on the top of the sauce, then quickly pulling up. Discard paper towels, add the meat back to the sauce.
- Serve the beef, carrots and sauce over mashed potatoes.