Slow Cooker Beer, Onion and Ketchup Chuck Roast is a reader’s recipe I had to try! Smells SOOO good while cooking.
I want you to give this recipe a try before you judge it. The ketchup is like a mild tomato sauce in this and you know how well beef, beer and onions go together. Funny how people can get about cooking with Ketchup, I have no shame myself.
I got this recipe from a reader on Facebook named Yvonne Marie, I tucked this recipe away for a rainy day (well, it was a snowy day). I’m so glad I gave this recipe a try, thank you Yvonne!
The house smells soo good while this is cooking. Quite possibly the best smelling roast I’ve made. Have a great week!
Slow Cooker Beer, Onion and Ketchup Chuck Roast
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 4 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 oz. pkt. onion soup mix
- 12 oz. beer use your favorite
- Sprinkle the roast on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Set a large skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the cooking oil. Brown the roast on all sides, no need to cook through.
- Add the roast to the slow cooker. Pour over the ketchup, sprinkle over the onion soup mix. Pour over the beer.
- Cover and cook on high for 7 hours or on low for 10.
- When the cooking time is done, degrease the sauce around the roast. I do this by laying paper towels over the grease, then discarding them
- Shred the meat with two forks, remove and discard any fatty pieces.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or buns. Enjoy!
How to Video:
You may also like: Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken