Slow Cooker Beer, Onion and Ketchup Chuck Roast is a reader’s recipe I had to try! Smells SO good while cooking.
I want you to give this recipe a try before you judge it. The ketchup is like a mild tomato sauce in this and you know how well beef, beer and onions go together. Funny how people can get about cooking with Ketchup, I have no shame myself.
I received this recipe from a reader on Facebook named Yvonne Marie, I tucked this recipe away for a rainy day (well, it was a snowy day). I’m so glad I gave this recipe a try, thank you, Yvonne!
How to make Beer, Onion, and Ketchup Chuck Roast:
- Chuck Roast – For the most juicy roast you will have you want to choose a chuck roast.
- Beer – Use your favorite!
- Onion – One Lipton Onion Soup Packet
- Ketchup – This may seem like a strange ingredient but the sweetness and tang really is the secret ingredient in this recipe.
How long do I cook?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Chuck roast is best if cooked low and slow for 10 hours, but if you are in a time crunch, 7 hours on high will work fine.
More chuck roast recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef Roast and Veggies
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa
The house smells soo good while this is cooking. Quite possibly the best smelling roast I’ve made. Have a great week!
Slow Cooker Beer, Onion and Ketchup Chuck Roast
- 4 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 oz. pkt. onion soup mix
- 12 oz. beer use your favorite
- Sprinkle the roast on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Set a large skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the cooking oil. Brown the roast on all sides, no need to cook through.
- Add the roast to the slow cooker. Pour over the ketchup, sprinkle over the onion soup mix. Pour over the beer.
- Cover and cook on high for 7 hours or on low for 10.
- When the cooking time is done, degrease the sauce around the roast. I do this by laying paper towels over the grease, then discarding them
- Shred the meat with two forks, remove and discard any fatty pieces.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or buns. Enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.