Beef and Horseradish are a perfect pair in this delicious Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast
Hi all! I can’t believe it’s 2018! It’s been a great year! I’ve had a wonderful time sending you new recipes and can’t wait for another great year of cooking. Today I have this wonderful Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast. Not all people LOVE horseradish, and some are afraid to try. Trying horseradish isn’t scary at all! It’s similar to wasabi, actually horseradish is often used to make wasabi. The horseradish in this recipe isn’t overpowering, just a great lingering flavor in this meal.
I made this roast a few month ago, it turned out great but it need a bit of work. My first test of this recipe was with just a roast and a touch of horseradish. This round included a whole 4 ounce jar of horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, whole mushrooms and sliced onions. I think recipes get better the more I make them, I start with my base recipe and keep adding things to make the recipe even greater. It’s like adding a bit more love each time.
I made a homemade gravy out of the drippings. There are 2 ways to do this, you can use a recipe using flour, like this one. Or cheat completely and use the drippings in place of water in a gravy packet or two.
Here the video on how to make this Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
I hope your year is off to a good start. I tossed and turned in bed the last two nights thinking of what I can do better this year, and after waking up today and thinking more about it, I’m pretty happy with the way I am now! I’m going to enjoy this year just like the last and not beat myself up. Enjoy this recipe and I will be busy making more!
Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast
- 4 lb. beef chuck roast
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 4 oz. cream horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 white onion sliced
- 3 cups white mushrooms
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 Quart or larger
- In a large skillet set to medium high heat, add the oil and swirl the pan so it covers the bottom. Brown the roast on all sides. Transfer the roast to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and oregano over the roast. Spread over the horseradish.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9-10 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- If desired make gravy out of drippings, you can do that by following a recipe using flour and the drippings OR you can use the drippings in place of water in a gravy packet or two.
I used my 6-quart Crock-Pot for this recipe. A slow cooker 6-quart or larger will work best for this recipe.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup