Beef and Horseradish are a perfect pair in this delicious Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast.
Hi all! I can’t believe it’s 2018! It’s been a great year! I’ve had a wonderful time sending you new recipes and can’t wait for another great year of cooking. Today I have this wonderful Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast. Not all people LOVE horseradish, and some are afraid to try.
Trying horseradish isn’t scary at all! It’s similar to wasabi, actually horseradish is often used to make wasabi. The horseradish in this recipe isn’t overpowering, just a great lingering flavor in this meal.
I made this roast a few month ago, it turned out great but it need a bit of work. My first test of this recipe was with just a roast and a touch of horseradish. This round included a whole 4 ounce jar of horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, whole mushrooms and sliced onions.
I think recipes get better the more I make them, I start with my base recipe and keep adding things to make the recipe even greater. It’s like adding a bit more love each time.
How to make:
You will need these ingredients:
- Chuck roast
- cooking oil
- cream horseradish
- Worcestershire sauce
- Beef broth
Time to make:
- Start by browning the roast in cooking oil in a skillet on the stove top.
- Sprinkle over the salt, pepper and oregano.
- Spread the horseradish over the entire roast.
- Place the mushrooms and onion on top.
- Pour over the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
How long to cook:
Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 9-10 hours. This long cooking time insures a tender roast.
I made a homemade gravy out of the drippings. There are 2 ways to do this, you can use a recipe using flour, like this one. Or cheat completely and use the drippings in place of water in a gravy packet or two.
I hope your year is off to a good start. I tossed and turned in bed the last two nights thinking of what I can do better this year, and after waking up today and thinking more about it, I’m pretty happy with the way I am now! I’m going to enjoy this year just like the last and not beat myself up. Enjoy this recipe and I will be busy making more!
Here are other tender pot roast recipes I love:
- Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Amish Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Easy Classic Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast and Veggies
Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 4 lb. beef chuck roast
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 4 oz. cream horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 white onion sliced
- 3 cups white mushrooms
- In a large skillet set to medium high heat, add the oil and swirl the pan so it covers the bottom. Brown the roast on all sides. Transfer the roast to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and oregano over the roast. Spread over the horseradish.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9-10 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- If desired make gravy out of drippings, you can do that by following a recipe using flour and the drippings OR you can use the drippings in place of water in a gravy packet or two.