Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Onions have tender boneless pork chops in a tangy sauce with sweet yellow onions.
Hi all! I don’t have many pork chop recipes on the blog, and I think this recipe I just made is a keeper. The pork chops are cooked in a slightly sweet tangy sauce along with sweet onions and butter.
These pork chops would make for a good summer recipe alongside baked beans and corn on the cob. I don’t do a ton of grilling in the summer, I like the meat to be very tender and the crock pot always does that for me.
Another tangy sauced pork chop recipe I love is this Baked Cranberry Pork Chops from These Old Cookbooks, it’s a must try too.
How to make:
You will need these ingredients:
- Boneless pork chops
- Cooking oil for browning the chops
- Worcestershire sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Sweet yellow onion
- Salted butter
Add a small amount of cooking oil to a pan on the stove top and brown the pork chops, no need to cook these completely.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add the pork chops and flip them around the sauce to coat. Add the sweet yellow onion and place the butter on top.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours for tender chops. The edges where the onions sit get caramelized and the sauce has slow cooked to perfection at this point.
Such a great meal for any night of the week! The chops turn out very tender in this recipe.
What to serve with these pork chops?
- Baked beans – my favorite way to serve
- Corn on the Cob
- Mashed potatoes
- Tossed salad with dressing
- Rice pilaf
- Baked potatoes loaded with toppings
Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Onions
- Slow Cooker – 3 quart or larger
- 2 lb. boneless pork chops
- cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 large sweet yellow onion sliced
- ⅓ cup salted butter sliced
- Start by setting a skillet on the stove top over medium high heat. When the pan is hot just enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Brown the pork chops on both sides, don’t worry about cooking through the slow cooker will do that. Set aside for now.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes in to the slow cooker, stir together with something that won’t scratch your slow cooker.
- Add the browned pork chops, then add the onions and butter slices.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
First Published 05/29/2017