Slow Cooker Pork Chop Cacciatore is a twist on the classic chicken cacciatore recipe!
Did you know that you can make caccaitore with pork instead of chicken? I was mind blown when I saw it the other day when I was searching around for recipe ideas. This recipe is based on my classic Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore recipe, which I use boneless skinless chicken thighs in that recipe. My recipe is based on my mom’s recipe.
I did brown the chops for this recipe, some say browning the meat adds more flavor to the sauce and overall dish. Below is a photo before I slow cooked the recipe.
Here is what the pork chop cacciatore looks like after 6 hours on low.
This pork and sauce are great over rice or pasta! Or even on its own with just vegetables. I hope you have a great weekend. I’ll be back next week with more recipes.
Here are my other Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Minnesota Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Sweet Baby Ray’s Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Onions
- Slow Cooker Alpine Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pork Chop Cacciatore
Slow Cooker Pork Chop Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 1½ lbs. pork chops
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 15 oz. can Italian diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
Slow Cooker Size:
- 5 quart or larger
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cooking oil. Add the pork chops to the pan and brown on both sides, no need to cook all the way through, the slow cooker will do that. Set aside while you make the sauce.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano to the slow cooker. Stir until the tomato paste dissolves into the diced tomato juice. Add the onion and mushrooms, stir again. Add the pork chops into the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve over pasta or rice and enjoy!