This Slow Cooker Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Pork Chops and Potatoes isn’t your usual pork slow cooker meal!
Hi Slow Cooker Friends! What could be better than pork and barbecue sauce? I wanted to make a pork recipe in the slow cooker that wasn’t the usual pulled pork. To my slow cooker I added pork chops, sliced potatoes and onions and covered that in barbecue sauce, THEN topped that with bacon and cheese! YUM!
I used an entire bottle of my favorite barbecue sauce Sweet Baby Ray’s. There are so many flavors to choose from, don’t feel like you have to use the original flavor in this recipe, see the other flavors Sweet Baby Ray’s has to offer here. I’m going to try the Sweet Golden Mustard next time!
We had a busy weekend of birthday parties and girl scouts. This meal was easy to set up and get going on our way out the door. When we got home I cooked up bacon in the oven, then added that bacon and Colby-Jack Cheese on top of the pork. I often make a big salad on Sunday night for lunches later in the week. I used that salad for a fresh side for this meal.
Look at that beautiful sauce! The pork juices and the barbecue sauce baste the potatoes perfectly! I hope you try this hearty meal. Which Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce will you choose? Have a great week!
- 5 cups sliced russet potatoes
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 (18-oz.) bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1.5- 2 lbs. pork chops, bone-in or thick cut bone-less
- 6 slices cooked bacon (add at the end)
- 6 slices Colby-Jack cheese (add at the end)
- Spray a 6-quart oval slow cooker with non-stick spray. Place the potatoes down in an even layer. Sprinkle over the onions, and salt and pepper. Squeeze about a cup of the barbecue sauce over the potatoes and onions. Lay the pork chops next in an even layer. Add the remainder of the barbecue sauce over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is through, add the bacon slices over the pork, then add the cheese slices. Cover for an additional 10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serves 4-6
Below is a video of the making of this easy meal! Couldn’t be easier!
I received compensation for this post, though all opinions are mine.