Pork chops smothered with apple butter, granny smith apples, apple cider vinegar and onions and all made in the slow cooker. Wonderful fall dinner along with mashed potatoes.
This recipe screams fall! A friend of mine has a similar recipe on her blog and I had to give it a try! We always have leftover apple butter and this will be my go-to recipe to use it up.
How to make Apple Butter Pork Chops:
You will need the following ingredients:
- Bone-in pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- Apple Butter
- Onion – white or sweet yellow onion
- Granny Smith Apples
- Apple cider vinegar
- Add the pork chops to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle over the salt and pepper
- Spread over the apple butter over the pork chops.
- Then add the sliced apples and sliced onion.
- Add the apple cider vinegar.
How long should I cook Apple Butter Pork Chops?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 7.
Can I use boneless pork chops?
Yes, boneless pork chops can be used in this recipe instead of bone-in, will work fine.
What kind of apple butter should I use?
- Use store-bought or homemade stove-top apple butter
- Or make Slow Cooker Apple Butter or Pumpkin Butter!
Can I use applesauce instead of apple butter?
Applesauce will work great in this recipe if you have that instead of apple butter!
More recipes that use apple butter:
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Little Smokies
- Apple Butter Brown Sugar Wings
- Apple Butter Cheesecake
- Apple Butter Spice Cake
Slow Cooker Apple Butter Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Size: 4 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. bone-in pork chops
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1½ cup apple butter
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Add the pork chops to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the salt and pepper.
- Spread the apple butter over the pork chops.
- Add the onion and apples over the pork chops and add the apple cider vinegar over everything.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or low for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!