This teriyaki pork chops recipe only calls for 3 ingredients – pork chops, teriyaki sauce, and pineapple chunks. The taste will lead you to believe there is much more to this meal, but there’s not! make this recipe when you’re looking for a low prep time, quick cooking, and delicious main course.
Why you should try this teriyaki pork chop recipe
Cooking a tasty meal really doesn’t get much easier than this, especially when using the crock pot. Due to the slow cooking process, you can skip marinating the pork chops in a Ziplock bag and putting them in the refrigerator overnight. The cook time is just long enough to let the marinade infuse into the chops, leaving them tasting simply amazing.
These chops also pair perfectly with a variety of sides that are also easy to put together. Check out my serving suggestions and variations below.
- Pork Chops: You’ll need 2-3 pounds for this recipe, which can come out to about 8 boneless pork chops.
- Teriyaki Sauce: I prefer the Kikkoman brand of basting and glaze sauce.
- Pineapples: For the best flavor, I like to use the fresh pineapple chunks, which can be found in the fruit section of the store.
Step One – Place pork chops into the bottom of the slow cooker.
Step Two – Pour over the teriyaki sauce.
Step Three – Add the fresh pineapple on top.
Step Four – Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours. Serve and enjoy.
What to serve with Teriyaki Pork Chops
- You can’t go wrong with serving these deliciously cooked pork chops with a side of white rice and steamed broccoli or green beans.
- It also pairs well with a side of stir-fried vegetables and cauliflower rice.
- Don’t forget to add a drizzle of soy sauce, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, a dash of red or black pepper, and sliced green onions. If you have any remaining marinade, that will work as a topping as well.
Yes, bone in pork chops will work great in this recipe instead of the boneless pork chops.
You don’t have to let the pork chops marinate since they are being cooked in the crock pot.
Some people like to make grilled teriyaki pork chops by searing them in a hot skillet (or grill pan) for a few minutes per side. You can also create a sweet and sour kind of glaze using orange juice, brown sugar, corn starch, rice wine vinegar, and low sodium soy sauce. Sesame oil and minced garlic also add additional flavor. Mix the combination in a small bowl and pour it into the slow cooker over the chops.
The slow cooker will cook the meat past to point of done, so the meat will be ultra tender. You can use a thermometer if you’d like. The meat should be over 145 degrees.
Once you are done cooking pork chops in the slow cooker and have served them, place any remaining pork chops in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Chops
- 2-3 lbs. boneless pork chops
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (use a thicker variety such as Kikkomon baste and glaze)
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (I get these precut in the fruit section of the store)
- Add the pork chops to the slow cooker.
- Pour over the teriyaki sauce.
- Add the fresh pineapple chunk on top.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Once you are done cooking pork chops in the slow cooker and have served them, place any remaining pork chops in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Thick bone-in pork chops will work great in this recipe.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.