This Slow Cooker Jalapeno Pineapple Ham is sweet and spicy and goes great with the usual fixings!
Hi all! If you like spicy food, then you will enjoy this ham recipe. The ham turns out sweet and spicy. In the past on my other ham recipes some will comment that ham doesn’t need to be cooked very long, I agree. The slow cooker takes a while to warm up an entire ham, and in that time, a wonderful sauce forms from the brown sugar, onions, pineapple and jalapeno. The 6 hour cooking time on low doesn’t overcook the ham.
This dish to me has a southern flavor to it and goes great with the usual ham fixings like mashed potatoes or even baked beans.
Here is my YouTube video about how to make this easy Slow Cooker Jalapeno Pineapple Ham. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Wouldn’t this be a great recipe for Easter? Something different but wonderfully delicious. Have a great week!
Slow Cooker Jalapeno Pineapple Ham
- 6 lb. picnic shoulder ham
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- Add the ham to the slow cooker, add the brown sugar, onion, pineapple chunks with the juices and the jalapenos.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Slice and serve with juices and the cooked pineapple and jalapenos.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash