You will know why this dish has this name once you give it a try! So much flavor in these meaty baked beans.
I don’t need a man or ever want to land a new one, even so these beans are sure worth trying. Another funny recipe name that’s similar is blueberry boy bait, that looks like a good recipe too.
Pretty simple ingredients go into these beans. Basically the recipe is doctoring up canned baked beans, which is fine to me because I love the texture and flavor of canned baked beans but they need a few things added to make them great. Below is what the recipe looks like before cooking:
And here is after:
I’m sure I will get a few remarks on social media about why I would cook canned beans even longer. As you can see in the 2 above photos the beans look thicker and have so much flavor after cooking together with the other ingredients. They still have great texture and held up their shape after 7 hours of cooking.
The hot sauce is optional, I used 1 tablespoon of our favorite hot sauce Tapatio and it made these beans have quite the kick, which my husband and I don’t mind. Leave out the hot sauce and make sure to buy mild taco seasoning if you don’t like spicy foods.
This meal can be served as a side dish or is hearty enough to be a main dish with a side of cornbread.
More ground beef recipes:
- Slow Cooker John Wayne Casserole
- Slow Cooker Shipwreck Stew
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Texas Trash Beef and Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Porcupine Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash
Slow Cooker Land Your Man Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 56 oz Bush® original baked beans Two – 28 oz cans
- 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained
- 7 slices bacon cooked and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup sweet onion diced
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Tapitio hot sauce
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 ( up to 8) hours, try not to open the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!