You will know why this dish has the name Land your Man Baked Beans once you give it a try! So much flavor in these meaty baked beans.
This recipe has a funny name; it’s an older vintage recipe. No need to get upset or offended by the name; please just give these flavorful, hearty baked beans a try! You can thank me later.
I found this recipe for land your man baked beans on my favorite recipe site called Just a Pinch. Jenny won a blue ribbon prize for this recipe; it’s a keeper! I hope you enjoy this slow cooker version.
I don’t need a man or ever want to land a new one; even so, these beans are indeed worth trying. More vintage recipes I love like this one are Engagement Chicken, Marry Me Chicken, or Blueberry Boy Bait.
- Baked Beans – Two large cans of Original Baked Beans. You can use any brand you prefer.
- Ground Beef – One pound of cooked ground beef for this recipe. Not a usual ingredient for baked beans, though it makes it filling and hearty.
- Bacon – Cooked bacon will give the baked beans a smokey flavor, be sure to cook it first for uncooked bacon doesn’t add anything but grease to a slow cooker recipe.
- Brown Sugar – Just a touch of brown sugar sweetens the recipe.
- Onion – Sweet yellow onion is best for baked beans.
- Hot sauce – This is optional; I use one tablespoon of our favorite hot sauce, Tapatio, which made these beans have quite the kick, which my husband and I don’t mind. Leave out the hot sauce, and make sure to buy mild taco seasoning if you don’t like spicy foods.
- Other Ingredients – Ketchup and mustard will help make and flavor the sauce.
Step One – Add your baked beans and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
Step Two – Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 7 ( up to 8) hours, try not to open the lid during the cooking time.
How to serve
- Side dish – Serve as a side dish along with your pulled pork or ribs. You’ll surely have everyone asking for the recipe.
- Main meal – These land your man baked beans are hearty enough to be served as a main meal (like you would pinto beans or a bowl of chili). Serve with a hunk of cornbread, tortilla chips, or warmed flour tortillas on the side.
Canned beans hold up very well in the slow cooker, believe it or not! The sauce is a perfect consistency; the flavor is excellent and only gets better with the other ingredients. It’s no different than baking them.
Yes! Use the same amount of beans but double the brown sugar.
If you shockingly have any leftovers, be sure to put them in the fridge straight away. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for three months.
Slow Cooker Land Your Man Baked Beans
- 56 oz Bush® original baked beans (two – 28 oz cans)
- 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained
- 7 slices bacon cooked and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup sweet onion diced
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 oz. packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Tapitio hot sauce
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 ( up to 8) hours, try not to open the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.