Slow Cooker Party Potatoes are a delicious casserole side dish that has amazing flavor! Filled with potatoes, cheese and sour cream.
Have you ever had a week where everything goes wrong? I rarely do, but this last week was the most exhausting I’ve ever had. I had no idea when I’d muster enough energy to get this recipe out. Today though I shouldn’t be working, I’m feeling better enough to work. I enjoy making these recipes posts and feel horrible I’ve been absent.
This recipe is a an older recipe, I’ve made variations of it before, with different ingredients and different cooking times. This recipe by far beats any other I’ve made. The combination of the sour cream and cream of chicken makes for a great sauce. The 5 hour cooking time turns these potatoes into a set up casserole. I usually say what meat I would serve a recipe with, but truthfully I just ate these! They are that good.
My number one tip before you dive into making these is to thaw the potatoes, I thawed mine over night in the fridge. If you are in a pinch a few hours on the counter top will work fine.
Slow Cooker Party Potatoes
- 30 oz. shredded hashbrown potatoes, thawed
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar, divided
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced and divided
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except a half cup of cheese and a few tablespoons of the green onion.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add the potato mixture to the slow cooker and flatten out. Add the remaining cheese and place lid on slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Sprinkle with the leftover green onions and serve!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.