Slow Cooker Cheesy Jalapeno Corn is a spicy side dish that would be good with just about anything!
I have to admit that I am guilty of making the saddest side dishes. My go to side dishes (even for guests) are steamed green veggies or corn warmed on the stove top with a bit of butter stirred in. This recipe will up my side dish game. This is a perfect side dish for a southern main dishes like fried chicken, a barbecue brisket or even better with a slow cooker pulled pork!
Below are all the ingredients need to make this easy side. I chose canned corn for this recipe. I like the canned corn over frozen, sometimes frozen corn can be mealy, with the canned corn I know it will have a consistent good texture.
I mix the corn, cheese, jalapeño and seasoning together first in the slow cooker. Then I slice the cream cheese into cubes and place them on top. I leave the cream cheese on top and don’t mix it in until after the cooking time is done. Leaving the cream cheese on top like this during the cooking time will give it a chance to melt, then it will stir into the cheese and corn and make a creamy sauce very easily.
Here is what the corn looks like after being cook and stirred. It has a creamy spicy sauce and the corn still has bite to it.
Here is my video about how to make this spicy side dish. You can follow me on YouTube here.
What would you serve this Slow Cooker Cheesy Jalapeno Corn with? I hope you try it. Check back at the end of the week, I will have another recipe posted.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Jalapeno Corn
- 5 15.25-oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 8-oz. pkg. sharp cheese, shredded
- 2 jalapenos diced (I used a scant 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese
Slow Cooker Size:
- 4- quart or larger
- Add the drained corn to the slow cooker. Add the cheese, jalapenos, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir. Add the cream cheese next, I used the boxed cream cheese which makes it easy to cut into cubes and put on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, stir everything together until a creamy sauce forms. Add additional sliced jalapeno on top if desired.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Cheesy Mashed Potatoes