Slow Cooker Cheesy Jalapeno Corn is a spicy side dish with spicy jalapenos, corn and cream cheese.
I have to admit that I am guilty of making the saddest side dishes. My
This recipe will up my side dish game. This is a perfect side dish for a southern main dishes like fried chicken, a barbecue brisket or even better with a slow cooker pulled pork!
Below are all the ingredients need to make this easy side. I chose canned corn for this recipe. I like the canned corn over frozen, sometimes frozen corn can be mealy, with the canned corn I know it will have a consistent good texture.
How to make Cheesy Jalapeno Corn:
- I mix the corn, cheese, jalapeño
andseasoning together first in the slow cooker.
- Then I slice the cream cheese into cubes and place them on top. I leave the cream cheese on top and don’t mix it in until after the cooking time is done.
- Leaving the cream cheese on top like this during the cooking time will give it a chance to melt, then it will stir into the cheese and corn and make a creamy sauce very easily.
- Here is what the corn looks like after being cook and stirred. It has a creamy spicy sauce and the corn still has bite to it.
Can I make this not spicy?
Yes! Sub out red and green bell pepper for the jalapeno and you will have delicious cheesy corn.
Other slow cooker side dishes to try:
- Slow Cooker Cabbage
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Slow Cooker Beets
- Slow Cooker Candied Carrots
Slow Cooker Cheesy Jalapeno Corn
- 76.25 oz canned whole kernel corn (five-15.25 oz cans) Drained
- 8 oz sharp cheese shredded
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- Add the drained corn to the slow cooker.
- Add the cheese, jalapenos, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the cream cheese next, I used the boxed cream cheese which makes it easy to cut into cubes and put on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, stir everything together until a creamy sauce forms. Add additional sliced jalapeno on top if desired.
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.