Slow Cooker Alpine Pork Chops is a take on my Alpine Chicken recipe, it’s a comforting classic casserole.
Today I’m sharing my recipe for Slow Cooker Alpine Pork Chops. This recipe is a spin off from my recipe Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken but with pork instead. It’s a recipe I got from a friend named Kelliss. I haven’t found her exact recipe online which is rare nowadays. Though I found this interesting version of alpine chicken that has mayonnaise in it, I love that they made their own stuffing and add fresh veggies, that recipe looks worth trying too.
My favorite thing about this recipe is the crunchy almonds. Very rare a slow cooker recipe has great texture like this one. Stay tuned I may be adding almonds and other nuts to more recipes!
How to make this:
To start this recipe I start with my 6-quart oval slow cooker. I add boneless pork chops to the slow cooker, though bone-in works great too.
Next I add 8 slices of swiss cheese. I’m not a huge swiss cheese fan but in this recipe it melts into the next step, you’ll see and makes for a wonderful sauce.
The next layer is cream of chicken soup, milk and pepper. Very simple to mix together. This is the liquid for this recipe.
Next for the crunchy almonds. Note in this step that only half of the almonds go down. My friend Kellis does it this way and it’s a great crunchy layer.
The next photos is three more layers: stove top stuffing, butter and the rest of the almonds. The butter helps moisten the stuffing. I love using stove-top stuffing in recipes in the slow cooker, makes great casseroles. Cook this for 6 hours on low.
Here is what the casserole looks like after cooking for 6 hours. The edges get a little toasty and the cheesy creamy sauce forms.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Alpine Pork is very comforing and a complete meal, just needs some greens on the side.
I wasn’t sure how the pork would turn out in this dish, but the flavors were great. These pork chops turn out very tender and go great with the sauce, stuffing and almonds. This is a great dish to make for company or as a meal to bring to a family who needs help with dinner. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Alpine Pork Chops
- 2 lbs. boneless pork chops
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 6 oz. box stove top stuffing (use your favorite flavor, I used savory herbs)
- 1/3 cup salted butter, salted
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of the slow cooker. Lay over the swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cream of chicken soup, milk and pepper. Pour this over the pork chops.
- Sprinkle over half of the almonds.
- Next sprinkle over the stove top dressing mix and then the rest of the almonds.
- Drizzle over the melted butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.