This layered Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken is a one-pot meal! Chicken, a creamy sauce, almonds, and stuffing make up this perfect dinner.
Hi all! Welcome to Vintage Slow Cooker Recipe of the Month! I got this Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken recipe from my frie
nd Kelliss. Once a week a group of moms get together to make popcorn for the kids at my daughter’s school. I met Kelliss and we hit it off immediately. Kelliss loves her slow cooker as much as I do and is often telling me her favorite recipes. It’s rare that I hear of a recipe I haven’t tried yet, and this one of Kellis’s is amazing. I’ve asked her a few times what the recipe was again so I could re-create it here.
How to make Alpine Chicken:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts go down first in the slow cooker.
6-8 slices of Swiss cheese
A mixture of cream of chicken soup and milk.
A box a Stove-top Stuffing and melted butter.
Top with more almonds and cook on LOW for 5 hours in the slow cooker.
Serve with a salad or maybe steamed green beans.
My husband said this was just as good or maybe better than Thanksgiving dinner. I have to agree, I couldn’t keep my fork out of the slow cooker after I had already finished my dinner plate. The Swiss cheese and the cream of chicken soup make a decadent sauce that goes so well with the chicken and stuffing. And don’t skip the almonds, they give this meal a crunch that most slow cooker recipes don’t have.
If you only try one recipe on my blog please try this one, it’s a keeper. I started this blog for recipes like this that are truly good recipes that I want to share with others. Thanks, Kelliss for sharing this recipe with me, I will be making it for years to come.
Need more slow cooker chicken recipes? Try one of these:
- Slow Cooker Chicken with Bacon Gravy
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy (without bacon)
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Slow Cooker Full Chicken Dinner
Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheese
- 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sliced or slivered almonds divided
- 6 oz. box chicken Stove-top stuffing
- ⅓ cup salted butter melted
- Mix together the milk and cream of chicken soup in a small bowl, set aside.
- Lay down the chicken in the slow cooker, then the cheese, soup mixture, ½ of the almonds, stuffing mix, drizzle over butter over the stuffing. Then sprinkle over remaining almonds.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!