This layered Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken is a one-pot meal!
Chicken, a creamy sauce, almonds, and stuffing make up this perfect dinner.
I recieved this Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken recipe from my friend Kelliss. Once a week a group of moms get together to make popcorn for the kids at my daughter’s school. I met Kelliss and we hit it off immediately. Kelliss loves her slow cooker as much as I do and is often telling me her favorite recipes. It’s rare that I hear of a recipe I haven’t tried yet, and this one of Kellis’s is amazing. I’ve asked her a few times what the recipe was again so I could re-create it here.
How to make Alpine Chicken:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts go down first in the slow cooker.
6-8 slices of Swiss cheese
A mixture of cream of chicken soup and milk.
A box a Stove-top Stuffing and melted butter.
Top with more almonds and cook on LOW for 5 hours in the slow cooker.
Serve with a salad or maybe steamed green beans.
My husband said this was just as good or maybe better than Thanksgiving dinner. I have to agree, I couldn’t keep my fork out of the slow cooker after I had already finished my dinner plate. The Swiss cheese and the cream of chicken soup make a decadent sauce that goes so well with the chicken and stuffing. And don’t skip the almonds, they give this meal a crunch that most slow cooker recipes don’t have.
If you only try one recipe on my blog please try this one, it’s a keeper. I started this blog for recipes like this that are truly good recipes that I want to share with others. Thanks, Kelliss for sharing this recipe with me, I will be making it for years to come.
Need more slow cooker chicken recipes? Try one of these:
- Slow Cooker Chicken with Bacon Gravy
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy (without bacon)
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Slow Cooker Full Chicken Dinner
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Alpine Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheese
- 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds divided
- 6 oz. box chicken Stove-top stuffing
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- Mix together the milk and cream of chicken soup in a small bowl, set aside.
- Lay down the chicken in the slow cooker, then the cheese, soup mixture, ½ of the almonds, stuffing mix, drizzle over butter over the stuffing. Then sprinkle over remaining almonds.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
hi there! can i use breadcrumbs instead of stuffing?
Sarah Olson says
Yes, though I’d use seasoned breadcrumbs or season them somehow.
I made a version of this recipe, and it was layered different which didn’t come out as good as this one sounds. The one I made made the stuffing pie mush. But it’s very tasty.
Love this recipe! I made it as written a couple of weeks ago and just loved it. I made it again last night with 2 additions. I added 3 slices of gruyere cheese to the Swiss, and added 4 slices of cooked chopped bacon on top of the stuffing. AMAZING!
Could you leave the stuffing out and serve with brown rice?
Trying this for the first time,will post the out come after supper,my family loves trying something new
Can I do three hours on high instead of 6 hours on low?
Sarah Olson says
It won’t be cooked enough on low for that amount of time you could try 3.5-4 hours on high.