Slow Cooker Minnesota Pork Chops are tender chops in a creamy brown and wild rice!
I saw this recipe for Minnesota Pork Chops on a friend’s blog Norine’s Nest. I knew the minute I saw this recipe I had to try it in the slow cooker. I am guessing this recipe is named Minnesota pork chops because wild rice is grown in Minnesota.
Though after I had made the recipe I looked at my box of wild rice and saw that it is from California, though I decided to not call this California pork chops, where ever you get your wild rice from this meal will be good.
I didn’t change much from Norine’s recipe except I did use Minute® rice and wild rice instead of a rice blend. Minute rice always does well for me as does wild rice in the slow cooker. Did you know that wild rice isn’t actually rice it’s really a grain, no wonder there is such a texture difference?
More Pork Chop recipes for the slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Onions
- Slow Cooker Pigs in a Cornfield
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Apples
- Slow Cooker Pork Chop Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Pork Chops
I really enjoyed the flavor of the mushrooms with the wild rice. The pork chops were very tender as well.
Slow Cooker Minnesota Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 lbs pork chops
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 21 oz. cream of mushroom soup (two 10.5-oz. cans)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Minute® brown rice
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, mushrooms, onion, pepper, thyme, garlic, Minute® brown rice and wild rice.
- Place a skillet on the stove top over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot add the cooking oil, when the oil is hot brown the pork chops on both sides, don’t worry about cooking through, just brown them.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray, add the rice mixture. Then lay over the browned pork chops. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours.
- Serve and Enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.