Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin is a beautiful and tender pork dinner. Apples are tucked into the pork loin and cooked with onions, butter, honey and a touch of cinnamon.
Have you seen pork done with the apples stuffed in the top? I’ve wanted to try this for a while now. I’m glad I finally got around to trying it, and I want to share my results with you. I really love the way the pork turned out. It came out tender and juicy, and with cooking it for only 6 hours I was able to slice the pork instead of having shredded meat.
How to make Honey Apple Pork Loin:
First I start by cutting slits into the pork and stuffing sliced Granny Smith apples into those slits. I do this on a cutting board, it would be very difficult to do this in the slow cooker, you will see in my photos and video how tight of a fit the pork is.
I lay onion and more apple slices down in the slow cooker. I also add a few pats of butter. I do this for a bit of cooking liquid for the pork, and to add more flavor.
After adding the pork to the slow cooker I season with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Then I drizzle over honey and lay over thyme sprigs. I cook this honey apple pork loin for 6 hours on low.
Here is the pork after being cooked for 6 hours.
All ready to serve! I made rice pilaf to go with this, it was a great side for the pork.
See how moist and tender the pork is? AND it was sliceable. If I let this go any longer it would be shredded meat.
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 4 lb. pork loin I use a center cut
- 2 granny smith apples sliced and divided
- 1 white onion sliced
- ½ cup butter sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. dried thyme or a few sprigs of fresh
- Cut slits on the top of the pork loin, I cut about an inch down. Plug in apple slices into the slits. Set aside.
- Add the onions and remaining apple slices down in the slow cooker. Lay over the slices of butter.
- Add the pork loin.
- Sprinkle the pork with the salt, pepper and cinnamon. Add the thyme.
- Drizzle over the honey.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done. Remove the pork onto a platter and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice and serve.