Slow Cooker Apple Barbecue Pork Loin is a great way to have your barbecue without having to grill!
It’s the hottest month of the year here in Oregon. We do not have AC in most of our house, the kitchen gets 90+ degrees some days if I even turn on the dishwasher. I don’t feel like even stepping outside to start the barbecue. This recipe I wasn’t sure if it was going to turn out and I was even more worried if it would photograph well.
I’m glad I went through testing this recipe out, it’s a winner! The apples along with the barbecue sauce and vinegar make the best sauce ever! For the sides with this pork, I did corn on the cob and watermelon.
How to make Slow Cooker Apple Barbecue Pork Loin:
You will need these ingredients:
- Pork Loin
- Cooking oil
- White onion
- Barbecue sauce
- Apple pie filling
- Apple cider vinegar
- Black pepper
- On the stove-top place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cooking oil. Brown the pork loin on all sides. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, barbecue sauce, apple pie filling, vinegar and pepper over the pork.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
I cook the pork loin for 7 hours, which is just enough time to make the pork tender enough to slice. I serve the apples and barbecue sauce over the pork slices.
I think you will enjoy this delicious recipe for summer or even for fall or winter. I have more recipes coming soon, stay tuned! Have a great week!
Other great pork recipes here on The Magical Slow Cooker:
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Sesame Pork Loin
Slow Cooker Apple Barbecue Pork Loin
- 4 lb. pork loin (look for the bigger pork loin not a small tenderloin”
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1.5 cups barbecue sauce
- 21 oz. can apple pie filling
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In a very large skillet set to medium high heat. When the pan is hot add the cooking oil. Add the pork loin to the skillet and brown on all sides, no need to cook through, the slow cooker will do that.
- Transfer the pork loin to the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, barbecue sauce, apples, vinegar and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time. Slice and serve, enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.