This slow cooker meatloaf is so moist, and is pretty much fool-proof! Made with onions, bell pepper
I don’t understand why some people hate meatloaf, were they fed awful meatloaf as a kid? My mom used to make the best meatloaf, I wish I still lived at home and had my meals made for me!
How to make Slow Cooker Meatloaf:
- Make the meatloaf mixture in a large bowl I like to add everything but the meat into the bowl first and combine that, then mix in the meat. I feel it’s easier to mix evenly that way.
- Shape the meatloaf into a loaf into the slow cooker. If you have a round slow cooker, make a round shaped loaf.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Remove any fat from around the meatloaf before serving.
- Use my sauce recipe to glaze the meatloaf if desired.
Can I use Ritz crackers or oatmeal in this instead of Saltine cracker?
If you don’t have saltines you can use 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker or 1 cup of oatmeal.
What do I top my slow cooker meatloaf with?
I make a simple sweet and tangy mixture for the top of my meatloaf here is what you need:
- Brown Sugar
If you want to top your meatloaf with something different I suggest a brown gravy or even just ketchup or barbecue sauce.
What to serve with meatloaf:
- Mashed or baked potatoes (Potatoes are a must if you can have them)
- Corn or green vegetable
- Green Salad
- Ketchup for serving if you don’t make the topping
Got leftover meatloaf? Try one of these leftover meatloaf recipes:
- Leftover Meatloaf Soup
- Leftover Meatloaf Tater Tot Casserole
- Leftover Meatloaf Quiche
- Leftover Meatloaf Chili
- Leftover Meatloaf Baked Ziti
- Leftover Meatloaf Sandwiches
This slow cooker meatloaf is my new favorite comfort food, I’m going to put it on my weekly meal list every week.
Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ pepper
- 25 saltine crackers
- 2 lbs. 10% fat ground beef
For the Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. mustard
- In a large bowl, add the eggs ,onion, bell pepper, ketchup, milk, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Crush the saltine crackers in next, and mix this all together with clean hands. Add the meat next, only mixing everything until it just comes together.
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray, and shape the meat into a loaf on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours, without opening the lid during cooking time.
- Scoop out the fat with a spoon, discard.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients, and spoon over meatloaf.
- Cover and cook for 30 more minutes on LOW if you want the sauce heated. Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Can I use Ritz cracker or oatmeal instead of Saltine crackers?Yes, if you don’t have saltines you can use 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker or 1 cup of oatmeal.
First Published 07/06/2014