Slow Cooker Taco Meat Loaf Stuffed Peppers are a fun way to switch up your standard stuffed pepper recipe!
If you love stuffed peppers also try my slow cooker stuffed pepper soup for a fun meal this week.
Hi all! I think stuffed peppers were one of the first slow cooker recipes I made. A co-worker from Marie Callender’s told me all about her favorite recipe years ago, it was something my mom never made.
Since then, I have made variations; some if the meat is browned first, and if it is done that way, the meat and rice are loose in the pepper.
This recipe is a meat loaf mixture with minute rice inside of the pepper, no need to brown the meat, or pre-cook the rice. I used taco flavors in this recipe, taco seasoning, salsa and sour cream are a part of the meat loaf mixture. I also use salsa as the sauce under the peppers.
Have a great weekend I will be back on Monday with another recipe!
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Taco Meat Loaf Stuffed Peppers
The sauce for under the peppers:
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
For the peppers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4-5 bell peppers any colors (4 large sized or 5 medium)
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1.25 oz. taco seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 15 saltine crackers crushed
- 1/2 cup minute rice not cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese add this on top at the end
- Add the 1 1/2 cups salsa to the slow cooker.
- Cut the tops off the peppers remove and discard the seeds. Don’t throw away the tops, chop up the top of the pepper and add to the meat loaf filling. In a medium sized bowl add the meat, diced tops from the bell peppers, onion, egg, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning mix, crushed saltine crackers and rice. With clean hands mix the meat loaf ingredients together until just combined, don’t over mix.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat loaf mixture.
- Place the stuffed peppers on top of the salsa.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After cooking time is done add a 1/4 cup of cheese to each pepper. Add the lid back on the slow cooker and let the cheese melt, it will only take a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
Try one of my popular Ground Beef Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Land Your Man Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Salsa Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Taco Meat
- Slow Cooker Beef and Potato Au Gratin
- Slow Cooker Hobo Dinner
- Slow Cooker Texas Trash Beef and Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Porcupine Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash
I ❤️ it
These were amazing! I made these to swap out for our regular taco night. However, I found myself debating if I should just mix everything up and put it in a taco shell. My family will definitely be craving these again soon. YUM!
Christine Hort says
i dont have minute rice..what other rice can i use
Sarah Olson says
You can cook the rice first, I think that would work best. Cooking raw rice in the slow cooker doesn’t work very well, it gets chalky.