Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken and Rice Casserole has the flavors of green chile enchiladas but with rice instead of tortillas.
Hello! I am very excited to share this new recipe with you today. A friend on YouTube, Cooking with Kory asked if I wanted to make a crock pot casserole with a few other other YouTubers today and of course I had to say yes. Search #crockpotcasserole on YouTube and see what everoone else has made.
This recipe has the flavors of green chile chicken enchiladas but I used rice instead of tortillas. One of my mom’s signature dishes was green chile enchiladas which was my inspiration for this.
This Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken and Rice Casserole was sooo good. Another great recipe that the leftovers heat up very well. I hope you enjoy it! Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 19 oz. can green enchilada sauce
Add these ingredients at the end:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 cups hot cooked white rice
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder over the chicken. Add the onion, poblano pepper. Pour over the enchilada sauce.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on the low setting.
- When the cooking time is done, shred the chicken with two forks. Add the sour cream, half cup of the cheese and the green onion. Stir. Add the cooked rice and stir. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Place the lid back on and cook for 15 more minutes or until the cheese is melted. If your rice has cooled and not hot, you will need to cook longer about 45 minutes on high.
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.