Pork chops smothered with apple butter, granny smith apples, apple cider vinegar, and onions made in the slow cooker. Apple Butter Pork Chops are a wonderful dinner along with mashed potatoes.
This easy recipe screams fall! My friend Brandi’s apple butter pork chops recipe inspired this recipe! We always have leftover apple butter, and this will be my go-to recipe to use it up.
This is your recipe if you want juicy pork chops with a unique and flavorful sauce with apple butter, apples, and onions.
- Bone-in pork chops – Bone-in pork chops work great for this pork chop apple recipe, though you can use ANY pork chop cut you want for this recipe; thick, thin, center cut, or boneless.
- Salt and pepper – Add salt and pepper to your pork chops.
- Apple Butter – Use store-bought or homemade stove-top apple butter, or make Slow Cooker Apple Butter or Pumpkin Butter! There is no need to add any ground cinnamon or brown sugar, for the apple butter already has it. You can find apple butter on the jam aisle at the store.
- Onion – White or sweet yellow onion.
- Granny Smith Apples – These apples are perfect for this recipe; they add an apple flavor without being over-sweet.
- Apple cider vinegar – Adds depth of flavor and cuts the sweetness in the apple butter.
Step One – Add the pork chops to the bottom of the crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step Two – Spread the apple butter on the pork chops.
Step Three – Add the sliced onion and peeled and sliced granny smith apple slices over the pork chops. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
How to serve:
- Mashed Potatoes – Serve with creamy mashed potatoes on the side.
- Rice Pilaf – Want an easy side? Make a homemade rice pilaf or even a box of Rice a Roni is perfect with this crockpot apple pork.
- Glazed Carrots – We often serve our crockpot meals with a green veggie but often forget about carrots!
- Cornbread – We love making a box of southern-style cornbread; it rounds out any meal!
- Sweet Potatoes – Pork is excellent with sweet potatoes topped with brown sugar and butter.
Eating applesauce with pork chops is a natural thing! That’s where I believe this recipe was initially invented. If you only have applesauce, you can use that instead of apple butter in this recipe.
Yes! Add two tablespoons of Dijon or yellow mustard if you want a mustard tang to your dish.
This recipe works very well with a pork loin. Make the recipe as directed and cook on low for 6 hours. Slice and enjoy!
More recipes that use apple butter:
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Little Smokies
- Apple Butter Cheesecake – Recipe from the Redheaded Baker
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Meatballs
- Apple Butter Spice Cake Recipe by Sugar Dish Me
Slow Cooker Apple Butter Pork Chops
- 2 lbs. bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Add the pork chops to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the salt and pepper.
- Spread the apple butter over the pork chops.
- Add the onion and apples over the pork chops and add the apple cider vinegar over everything.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or low for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.