This side dish Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Potatoes is easy and has great onion flavor.
This is a must try recipe if you love to make side dishes in your slow cooker. I saw this recipe in a few places online and had to try it. When I bought the Lipton onion soup mix for this recipe, I read pretty much the same recipe on back of the box, but of course that version is for the oven. This will be a great recipe for me with the summer weather coming soon. These Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Potatoes and grilled chicken are going to make for an easy dinner all summer long.
I start by slicing russet potatoes very thin, about a quarter-inch thick. Also make sure to spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
I arrange the thinly sliced potatoes in a spiral design, then sprinkle over pepper and garlic powder. Then one Lipton onion soup mix and drizzle over olive oil. Be sure to evenly distribute the mix and the oil over the potatoes.
Below is what the potatoes look like after 4 hours on high.
What would you serve with these potatoes? I’m all about the side dishes and carbs, so I’d be happy with just this! Have a great week and I’ll be back mid next week with a new recipe.
Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Potatoes
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes thinly sliced I used about 8 small potatoes
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 oz. packet Lipton Onion Soup mix
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the potatoes to the slow cooker in a spiral design if desired.
- Sprinkle over the garlic powder, pepper and onion soup mix.
- Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.