Making the most tender steak bites just got so much easier. Sirloin or beef stew meat is paired with au jus gravy mix, beef stock, butter, and a few classic table seasonings. This delicious recipe takes just minutes to prepare and can be on the dinner table in just a couple of hours. If you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal with rich flavor and fall apart tender meat, this is the recipe to try!
Why this crock pot steak bites recipe works
Crock pot steak bites are one of the tastiest meals to cook when you’re looking for something yummy and versatile. There’s so much you can do with stew meat so whether you’re catering to picky eaters or a potluck crowd, a crockpot steak bites recipe like this is worth trying.
You don’t have to worry about making anything from scratch because you’ll use packet au jus gravy mix, freshly minced garlic, salted or unsalted butter (whichever you prefer), and basic seasonings like kosher salt and black pepper. The most you’ll need to do (and that’s only if you want to) is brown the steak pieces before putting them into the slow cooker.
- Raw Steak Pieces: This recipe calls for a sirloin steak cut, which is a lean, flavorful cut of beef. Searing the steak before slow cooking helps to lock in the flavors and give the meat a nice browned color.
- Au Jus Gravy: Takes the guesswork out of making a delicious gravy and instead, provides you with the perfect taste for all the steak to simmer in while slow cooking.
- Beef Stock: This is added to help enhance the brown gravy mix and help flavor the cooked steak bites.
- Butter: Butter always makes things better and that’s certainly no different with these crockpot beef tips.
- Olive Oil: A little oil is used to sear the steak bites just a bit before adding them to the remaining ingredients.
- Seasonings: Garlic, salt, and pepper will flavor the beef cubes and help create a flavorful gravy.
Step One – Prepare a large skillet with a heaping tablespoon of olive oil and heat to medium high heat. Add the steak bites to the hot skillet and sear the steak until just done on a few sides. You do not need to cook the bites thoroughly.
Step Two – Add the sirloin steaks to the slow cooker.
Step Three – Sprinkle in the au jus packet, and add the beef stock, quartered butter, and garlic. Mix to combine.
Step Four – Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours or until the juicy steak is done and tender. Serve according to the suggestions below and enjoy!
How to serve
- Serve the steak bites with the sauce from the slow cooker and over a bed of mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles.
- These bite sized pieces are delicious paired with pasta or bread to soak up the flavorful sauce. They also make a great filling for sandwiches or wraps.
- You can also serve this slow cooker beef on top of a healthy salad or as an additional topping for nachos and baked potatoes.
Yes, you could use other tender cuts of beef such as tenderloin, ribeye or even strip steak if you prefer. You can even use beef stew meat for a cheaper version, you may need to cook a touch longer for the crockpot to tenderize the tougher cut of meat.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
If you’re short on time, you can skip this steak and add the raw steak directly to the slow cooker.
This recipe calls for sirloin steak, which is a lean, flavorful cut of beef. However, you can substitute with other cuts of beef if you prefer. Just keep in mind that tougher cuts may need a longer cooking time to become tender.
You can use unsalted beef stock or unsalted beef broth, unsalted butter, and avocado oil for searing the tips.
Yes. Be sure to let the meat cool completely before adding it to a freezer safe container. Allow it to defrost completely before cooking.
Sure! You can use garlic powder instead of freshly minced garlic. Red pepper flakes can be used to give the beef a little kick. And these garlic butter steak bites are delicious topped with fresh parsley.
Slow Cooker Steak Bites
- 2 lbs. sirloin steak cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic Minced
- ½ Cup beef stock (or water)
- 1 oz. packet au jus
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak bites and season with salt and pepper. Sear the steak bites on all sides until browned, about 2 minutes. You may need to do this in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Transfer the browned steak bites to your slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add the garlic, beef stock, and a jus packet and mix to combine.
- Place the 4 tablespoons butter on top, cover and cook on LOW heat for 4 hours or HIGH heat for 2 hours, or until the steak is tender.
- Serve the steak bites with the sauce from the slow cooker. Best served over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles. Enjoy!
- Other cuts of beef: You can use other tender cuts of beef such as tenderloin, ribeye or even strip steak if you prefer. You can even use beef stew meat for a cheaper version, you may need to cook a touch longer for the crockpot to tenderize the tougher cut of meat.
- Storing: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Searing the steak: Searing the steak before slow cooking helps to lock in the flavors and give the meat a nice browned color. However, if you’re short on time, you can skip this steak and add the raw steak directly to the slow cooker.
- Serving suggestions: These steak bites are delicious paired with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta to soak up the flavorful sauce. They also make a great filling for sandwiches or wraps.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.