Only a few ingredients to make these steak burritos that taste like chile Colorado!
Family friends would always come to town and make this dish with steak on the stove-top with homemade tortillas. I make this version in the slow cooker with stew meat and it is just as good!
What tortillas go good with steak burritos?
Love homemade tortillas but don’t have time? We love these tortilla land tortillas that you brown in a dry skillet.
Great sides to go with steak burritos:
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Slow Cooker Refried Black Beans
- Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Corn
The rice that’s pictured above is Spanish Rice from Lil- Luna! Amazing stuff. Try it!
Slow Cooker Steak Burritos
- 16 oz. picante salsa any heat level; I used Pace
- 1 lb. top sirloin 1 inch cubes, trimmed of fat
- 1/8 tsp. salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp. pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Tortilla Land Tortillas
- sour cream
- Toss the beef cubes with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- On the stove, heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the oil to the pan.
- Add the beef and brown on all sides; the meat won't be cooked through.
- Pour in the salsa and scape up any meaty bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer it all to the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on, and set to HIGH for 3 hours. Do not open the lid during cooking time.
- Serve on tortillas with cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.