Slow Cooker Pepper Steak is a Chinese Inspired meal with plenty of sauce, bell peppers and onions. Great served over rice!
It’s been so long since I’ve made Pepper Steak in the slow cooker! I never remember exactly how I made it the time before, so I decided I better write it down this time!
This recipe is easy but has so much flavor. I love the taste of the ginger and soy together. My favorite way to serve this dish is over rice.
How to make Pepper Steak:
You will need these ingredients:
- Beef cut into 1/2 inch strips (some stores carry this already done for you)
- Red and green bell peppers
- White Onions
- Beef Bouillon cubes
- Soy Sauce
- Ground Ginger
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Brown Sugar
In a small bowl add the beef bouillon cubes and water, microwave for 60 seconds and stir until the cubes are dissolved. Add this to the slow cooker.
Add the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, pepper, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth.
Add the beef strips, bell peppers, and onion into the sauce.
Cover and cook on low for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
How to serve Pepper Steak
So many different ways to serve this pepper steak over. Choose what your family enjoys most!
- White rice
- Brown rice
- Spaghetti noodles
- Steamed veggies
- Slow Cooker Size: 4 quart or larger
- 1.5 lbs. Beef strips Look for beef cut into strips already or buy top sirloin and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thick
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thick
- 1 white onion sliced
For the sauce:
- ½ cup water divided see below
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- In a small microwavable bowl add the water and the beef bouillon cubes. Place in the microwave for 60 seconds, mix until dissolved. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, pepper, brown sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the beef, bell peppers and onions into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours. Serve over steamed rice, spaghetti noodles, steamed veggies or quinoa.