Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken is sweet and tangy, great over rice or even buns!
This isn’t an authentic recipe, but sure is delicious none the less. My grandmother is full blood Hawaiian, but sadly I never got the chance to meet her.
I enjoy easy recipes like this that don’t need much work after I get home, I put on a pot of rice and can get dinner served right away.
The sauce is quite thick even with the added pineapple, but be sure to drain the pineapple very well!
Above is the chicken after I shredded it with 2 forks. I served this chicken over brown rice though white rice is just as good! Next time I make this I am going to serve on hamburger buns with macaroni salad. Also, try my Slow Cooker Hawaiian Baked Beans.
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 slices bacon, sliced and cooked
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained very well
- Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir the toppings on top of the chicken to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- If desired shred the chicken. Serve over white or brown rice, or hamburger buns. Enjoy!