This Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken is a snap to throw into the slow cooker in the morning. I just stirred a small amount of cornstarch into a can of pineapple chunks, added some seasoning and chicken thighs and set my slow cooker to low for 8 hours. And even easier just to turn on my rice cooker after work. Dinner is served! Does anyone else love Sriracha as much as I do? Especially on dishes with rice! It doesn’t take much to heat up a dish with a couple drops of it!
Yes I’ve got another dish over rice here. Maybe because it’s still too darn hot to do anything in my kitchen. This last week we had to eat dinner in our bedroom where the only air-conditioner is. Blah. Though I am hating this hot weather it’s sad how fast this summer went by. My little girl is going to pre-k this year, sniff sniff.
- 1 (20-oz.) can pineapple chunks (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (not breasts, thighs give a silky butter flavor)
- steamed rice, green onion, and Sriracha (optional hot sauce for serving)
- In a 5 quart or larger slow cooker, place the can of pineapple and juices and cornstarch. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Add the garlic powder and pepper and stir.
- Add the chicken thighs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve over steamed rice topped with green onion, and a touch of Sriracha hot sauce if desired.