Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken and Red Potatoes is a fast and easy meal that the entire family will enjoy.
Even though my daughter is not a toddler anymore, she is still as picky as can be. I can never go wrong though with a chicken recipe for dinner. Lola always comes in the kitchen and begs for a taste of chicken before dinner is even ready. This recipe cooks potatoes and chicken together with a touch of butter on the potatoes and a ranch dressing packet for flavor. I added a side of fresh green beans to make this a complete meal.
Below is my YouTube video about how to make this Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken and Red Potatoes recipe. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken with Red Potatoes
- 2.5 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 TBSP. cooking oil
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, cubed
- 1 oz. pkt. ranch dressing mix
- 3 TBSP. butter
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- In a large skillet set to medium-high heat, add the oil after the pan is hot. Brown the chicken thighs on both sides, no need to cook through. Set aside.
- Add the red potatoes to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over half of the ranch packet. Drizzle over the butter.
- Add the chicken thighs on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle over remaining dressing mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans