Your guest will love this unique recipe that adds canned apples and clove to a store-bought ham. Great for any holiday get-together.
I have been so excited to share this Slow Cooker Apple and Clove Ham recipe with you! It’s the type of recipe that makes me fall in love with the slow cooker even more.
I don’t think there is a better flavor combination than this. The apples, apple juice, brown sugar, and clove make a sauce that cooks into the ham, and with the ham being spiral it makes for even more flavor added to the ham with the juices going in between the slices.
I bought a 10-pound ham, it looked like it would fit in my slow cooker, but it was a bit large. I cut an inch off the bottom then it fit perfectly. I used that extra ham for other recipes during the week. Apple juice is used as the liquid in this recipe, though apple cider would be good too.
How to make Apple and Clove Ham:
You will need these ingredients:
- Spiral ham
- Apple juice or cider
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cloves
- Place the ham in the slow cooker. If it doesn’t fit you can trim it to fit, use the excess for another recipe.
- Pour over the apple juice.
- Spread over the apples over the ham
- Sprinkle over the brown sugar and cloves.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or until hot in the center.
- Keep the lid on the entire cook time.
- Remove the ham slices onto each plate and pour over the sauce and apples onto each serving.
What to serve with your holiday ham:
- Classic Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Holiday Green Beans
- Cranberry Sauce
- Homemade Rolls
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash
Can I use a ham that is not a spiral?
Yes, use any ham that you can fit into your slow cooker. You can use an unsliced ham in this recipe.
This will be the third year in a row that I’ve made this ham. It’s that good! Trust me on making mashed potatoes to go with this, it will make the meal. Enjoy this recipe and have a great holiday dinner.
After the holidays are over don’t forget to save this recipe for New Year’s Day Black Eyed Peas! It is rumored to bring good luck if you eat them.
More ham recipes to try in your slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Pineapple Ham
- Slow Cooker Ham and Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Ham and Pineapple Rings
Slow Cooker Apple and Clove Ham
- 8-9 lb. spiral ham I used a 10 lb. ham and cut a piece of the bottom so the lid would fit
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 42 oz. apple pie filling (two 21 oz. cans)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- Add the ham to the slow cooker. Pour over the apple juice. Sprinkle over the brown sugar
- Spread over the apples, and sprinkle over the cloves.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve the ham slices topped with the apples and sauce.
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.