Sweet and savory flavors come together for this Slow Cooker Ham Steaks and Pineapple Rings recipe.
This Slow Cooker Ham Steaks and Pineapple Rings recipe turned out amazing. I was thumbing through one of my favorite cookbooks “The Whistle Stop Cafe” by Fannie Flagg, and saw a recipe for ham steaks and pineapple rings, and I knew I had to create a recipe with ham steaks for my slow cooker. I’m a huge fan of Fannie Flagg, her fiction books are upbeat, funny, and just homey and I just love her cookbook too!
This recipe couldn’t be easier, I did slice the ham myself. I wasn’t sure if the pre-sliced ham packages would be too thin, so I bought a small ham, and cut the ham into 1/2 inch slices. The sauce is the pineapple juice from the pineapple rings, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and mustard, whisk those ingredients together, and throw everything in the slow cooker for 5 hours on low.
I served these Slow Cooker Ham Steaks and Pineapple Rings with Baked Potatoes and asparagus, we use the leftover ham for breakfast on the weekend.
Slow Cooker Ham Steaks and Pineapple Rings
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 2½ lbs ham sliced into 1/2 inch slices (you can use more or less ham)
- 20 oz pineapple slices reserve juices for sauce
- 6 oz maraschino cherries drained
- 3 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Add ham slices, pineapple slices, and maraschino cherries to the slow cooker.
- Whisk the reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, mustard, and apple cider vinegar in a medium sized bowl until smooth.
- Pour the suace over ham, pineapple, and cherries in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook for 5 hours on LOW, with out opening the lid during cooking time.
- Drizzle sauce over each serving. ENJOY!