Slow Cooker Vintage Ham and Potato Dinner is stick to your ribs good! Smoky ham, potatoes and green beans in a cheesy sauce, what could be better?
Hi all! Welcome to another edition of Slow Cooker Vintage Recipe of the month. I found this recipe in my Amish-Country Cookbook. The version in the cookbook for this recipe wasn’t a crockpot recipe, but I easily converted it to the slow cooker. I love looking through my old cookbooks and finding recipes that can be altered a bit to be made in the slow cooker. This one does great. There is plenty of cheesy sauce to keep everything moist. The six hours of cooking time melds all the flavors together, you can taste the smoky ham in the sauce. Also, the potatoes get fork-tender, and the ham even gets tender too.
Have a great week. I hope you give this recipe a try, it’s a keeper!
Slow Cooker Vintage Ham and Potato Dinner
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 5 cups russet potatoes sliced
- 3 cups green beans trimmed and cut
- 2 cups ham diced
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheese divided
- In a small bowl whisk together the can of soup, milk, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Set aside.
- Add the potatoes, green beans, ham, onions and 1 cup of the cheese to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the soup, stir well and evenly smooth the mixture in the crock.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, sprinkle in the remaining cheese.
- Replace the lid back and let the cheese melt; about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!