This Slow Cooker Ham and Cheese Corn is a great side dish and your guests will be asking for the recipe.
This Slow Cooker Ham and Cheese corn is like the corn you’d find in a barbecue restaurant. This isn’t your average creamed corn, it must richer. It has a sauce similar to mac and cheese. We loved it with grilled steaks! My husband said this would be great for a potluck, it’s something totally different from the usual sides.
The recipe starts with bagged frozen corn, then I add browned ham, pepper, Velveeta cheese and cream cheese. Not very many ingredients, but so much flavor. I wasn’t sure if there would be enough liquid in this recipe, after the corn thawed it added the right amount of liquid to keep the dish from being to thick. I loved the ham in this dish, but cooked bacon would be just as good.
Slow Cooker Ham and Cheese Corn
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 36 oz. frozen corn (3-12 oz. bags)
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the cooking oil. Brown the ham. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the frozen corn to the slow cooker, no need to thaw. Add the onion and pepper. Stir.
- Cut the Velveeta and cream cheese into squares and place on top of the corn. Set the slow cooker to high, the total cooking time is 2 hours. Stir half way through and occasionally after that.
- Serve and enjoy!