Slow Cooker Maine Corn Chowder is sweet but smoky from the bacon. This is a dump and go recipe! So easy.
This Maine Corn Chowder was easy to make, it’s one of those dump and go recipes. This soup is made with a can of creamed corn and a can of regular corn, I also added diced Yukon gold potatoes to make it heartier. Fresh corn can be used if desired.
- Slow Cooker - 4 quart or larger
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 15 oz. can cream style corn
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 4 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes (about 1 pound)
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 16 oz. bacon, sliced, cooked and drained
Add this at the end
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add every everything except the cream into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, stir in the cream. Add the salt to taste if needed. Serve and enjoy! Note- I did not find that this recipe needed any added salt with the bacon and the chicken broth. If needed, add to taste.