Slow Cooker Maine Corn Chowder is sweet but smoky from the bacon. This is a dump and go recipe! So easy.
This Maine Corn Chowder was easy to make, it’s one of those dump and go recipes. This soup is made with a can of creamed corn and a can of regular corn, I also added diced Yukon gold potatoes to make it heartier. If it was summer time I would have used fresh corn, I can’t wait to try it that way too.
I want to apologize if you were here on the blog this weekend and couldn’t leave a comment or access a recipe. My blog’s theme decided to crash, and couldn’t be updated. I spent 3 days and nights adjusting this new look of the blog. I hadn’t planned on changing the look of the blog since I spent 3 years getting everything right, but I do think the new look of the blog fits my personality well.
Here is my YouTube video about how to make this Slow Cooker Maine Corn Chowder. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Slow Cooker Maine Corn Chowder
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 15 oz. can cream style corn
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 4 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes (about 1 pound)
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 16 oz. bacon, sliced, cooked and drained
Add this at the end
- 1 cup heavy cream
Slow Cooker Size
- 4 quart or larger
- Add every everything except the cream into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, stir in the cream. Add the salt to taste if needed. Serve and enjoy! Note- I did not find that this recipe needed any added salt with the bacon and the chicken broth. If needed, add to taste.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Turkey and Brown Rice Soup