Zuppa Toscana is easily made in the slow cooker, made with potatoes, sausage and kale. Great for a weeknight dinner.
With many soups to try in the slow cooker, this is a very popular one to try! Zuppa Toscana is a classic recipe that you may have seen on the menu at Olive Garden. It is a potato and sausage soup that has cream and kale added at the end. It makes for a hearty dinner, just needs some crusty bread!
This soup takes a little bit of prep work, but nothing too time-consuming. I don’t peel the potatoes for this recipe, I like the texture of the unpeeled potatoes in this soup.
Be sure not to add the kale and heavy cream until the end of the cooking time.
More slow cooker soup recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker Maine Corn Chowder
Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana
- 6 slices bacon cut, cooked and drained
- 1 lb. mild pork sausage browned and drained (such as jimmy dean)
- 4 cups diced russet potatoes
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 32 oz. box chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream add at the end
- 4 cups chopped kale add at the end
- Add everything to the slow cooker EXCEPT the cream and kale.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, add the heavy cream and kale, push the kale down in to the soup.
- Cover and cook for and additional 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.